Chadar Frozen River Trek Fee Structure
What is Included in Fees
- Trek fee inclusive of permit fees and service tax.
- Accommodation: Stay at Leh Hotel/Guest House on Day 1 and last night of Trek and tents/camps on the trek.
- Transportation from Leh to the road head at Chilling from where the trek starts.
- Vegetarian meal during the trek.
- Camping charges and permits.
- Sleeping bags and mats.
- Porters and Cooks.
- Services of an Qualified and experienced Trek Leader to guide over the entire tour.
- Food/Meal in Leh.
- The newly proposed Wildlife Fees and Envoirmental fees as being put forward by LAHDC and ALTOA.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Personal winter and trek requirements like jackets, sun glasses, gloves, and trekking poles.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the included list.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Note: Common gear is carried by the porters and helpers. All trekkers are required to carry their own backpacks along with their personal belongings. IF for some reason the trekker is unable, then he/she can give to a porter and pay a daily service fee to the porter as required, normally in the range of Rs 700 per day per bag.
Note: If you would like to spend an extra day for Leh winter sightseeing, Big Planet would guide with respect to additional day in the guest house or in transportation at concessional rates.
Early Booking benefits
- A token deposit of Rs 3500 per person would suffice for blocking a position in the group. The remaining full payment would be required by or before November 30th to avail the trek fee rate of Rs 19,500 for Chadar Trek or Rs 23,500 for Chadar Trek with Lingshed.
- For a good deal on flight cost to and from Leh, book in advance. Jet Airways and Air India has direct flights, Go Air has a flight to Leh via Jammu. The flight itself is spectacular with the Zanskar ice mountain peaks visible on a clear day.
Trekkers who are confirmed would be required to carry the following documents.
- An identification card (like driving license, voters ID card etc), along with a photocopy.
- A passport size photo.
- In addition all participants are advised to submit to us upon arrival, an appropriate medical fitness certificate obtained from a registered medical practitioner in the country of their origin indicating that the individual is fit to go on a high altitude trek, and that he/she has no physical and medical disabilities that would limit him/her from trekking.
These documents are mandatory. Without them you will not be allowed to trek.
Terms and conditions and Cancellation Charges:
- Cancellations 30 days from the start batch date of the trek, on receipt of email, -- full refund.
- Between 30-20 days to the start of the trek -- 60% refund.
- Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the trek -- no refund.
- No Show : No Refund. If for some reason a participant does not turn up for the trek without intimation, it is seen as a cancellation (Example, due to miss of a flight). The usual cancellation rules apply. If possible, on the discretionary of Big Planet, will try to accommodate such trekkers on another group at no extra cost during the same trekking season.
- In case of cancellation of any event due to reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.), refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
- Rescheduling of a trek: If for some reason a participant is unable to do the trek outside the cancellation period (less than 30 days to the start of the trek), instead of losing any trek fee a participant can reschedule the trek to a future date/season. A trek can be rescheduled only once by a participant. A rescheduled trek cannot be cancelled.
- Drop out during trek: While on the trek, if for some reason a participant has to drop out on any day (Eg, tiredness, fatigue or symptoms of altitude, etc) then Big Planet wiil make arrangements for his/her return to the nearest road head. After a participant returns to the road head/village any further transportation or stay cost has to be borne by the participant. On the Chadar trek it is at Tilat Do/Chilling. From Chilling you get vehicles to Leh. Vehicles are intermittent and may take a while to get and could involve stay at Chilling. In case of dropping out of the Chadar trek, transportation and stay cost at any location including Leh has to be borne by the participant.
Emergency on a trek: If there is a medical emergency on the trek, your trek leaders are trained to handle crisis and resecue. Big Planet team will carry a basic first aid kit. Most situations are resolved by the trek leader and the helpers and porters. If, however, evacuation is required, it is carried out by Big Planet team. The affected participant is moved down to the nearest emergency medical centre as soon as possible. Medical expenses, if required, at the medical centre are to be borne by the participant.
On camp/trek regulations
- During the camps or treks, the participants shall abide by the instructions and decisions of the Zanksar Trek leader and guide.
- During the camps or treks, in case of any dispute for whatsoever reasons, the decision of the Trek leader shall be final and binding on all the participants.
- In the event that the participant(s) disobey the directions / instructions of the Trek Leader, the participant(s) shall be solely liable for the risks, responsibilities and consequences.
- In case of any medical problems, ailments, disorders etc. or symptoms of the same, arising during the camp or trek, the participant(s) shall inform the organisers about the same, at the earliest.
- If required, the participant(s) will have to take medical treatment from the doctor/attendant available on the campsite or from the nearest available medical centre or hospital. The expenses for all medical treatment and arrangements for the same will be solely borne by the participant.
- The Trek Leader or the authorised representative shall have complete discretion to continue the camp without the participant(s) suffering from medical problem.
- Consumption of liquor, tobacco products, cigarette etc. is strictly prohibited during the camp or trek. The trek will be considered over only when we are back to home town.
- Each trekker shall protect the flora and fauna of the place being visited and not throw plastic, wrappers etc. on the trek.
- Participants should not deface or damage any monument by writing or scribbling on them. Any flouting of the above two rules will be dealt with seriously, and may involve expulsion from the trek or camp, and no refund is admissible in such cases.
- In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; Big Planet, it's instructors, organisers, volunteers or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly, shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims of the participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.